Friday, May 10, 2013

Love that's worth it...

John 15:9-13 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 
Christ calls us, yes, commands us to love one another.  What can convince us that His command is worth following?  Besides that fact that He has proven over and over that what He says is truth, if we follow His commandment, we will have His joy.  Sleep through the storm on the sea kind of joy, unshaken by threats against your life kind of joy, not worrying about having a place to lay your head kind of joy, because you know the Father so well, you know He has it all under control.  His love, His joy.  A package deal.  An unbelievable deal.  It's more than worth it. Let us love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment