Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Thankful for... that Head-on Crash!?!?! (and this song...)

It was 40 years ago this week, on icy roads going to work, that I had a head-on that changed my life. There is not a day since that I don't have some reminder of my physical injuries, or the way God stopped me in my tracks and began to turn me toward a new path, following His path the ministry, to my wife, and to a whole new way of  looking at life.  I don't like the headaches, or the stomach issues, but I love God's reminders that He is watching over me and still working on me all the time. I often think of what Paul felt like when he looked back on his experience in Acts 9:

 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. 4 And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” 7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing.

Was his thorn in the flesh a sight problem left over from this Head-on Crash?
And now... the song: (copy & paste)

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-avg-fh_lsonsw&hsimp=yhs-fh_lsonsw&hspart=avg&p=front+seat+back+seat+video+with+lyrics#id=3&vid=d3ee9e25b6e8bedb06efa650118e231e&action=click

No comments:

Post a Comment