Sunday, March 3, 2024

The Voice


 Psalm 28:6 Blessed be the Lord!
    For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
    and with my song I give thanks to him.
8 The Lord is the strength of his people;
    he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
9 Oh, save your people and bless your heritage!
    Be their shepherd and carry them forever.

Psalm 29:Ascribe to the Lord, O heavenly beings,
    ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
    worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness.
3 The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
    the God of glory thunders,
    the Lord, over many waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful;
    the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.
Psalm 28 begins with David calling out to God for mercy - so that He will not bring judgment on him along with all the wicked around him. As shown above, he then shares that God had answered his cry. David then applies this to all of God's people, asking God to bless them also.  This leads to Psalm 29, where David asks God's people (and the angels) to join Him in worshipping God. He focuses on the power of God's voice. His voice is totally unique and powerful. He can call into existence things none other can: storms, thunder, fire and lightening, the destruction of nations - even the birth of the young.  We should use our voice to praise the voice of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment