Sunday, March 31, 2024

I Feel It in Every Way

 

Psalm 38:15 But for you, O Lord, do I wait;
    it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.
16 For I said, “Only let them not rejoice over me,
    who boast against me when my foot slips!”
17 For I am ready to fall,
    and my pain is ever before me.
18 I confess my iniquity;
    I am sorry for my sin.
19 But my foes are vigorous, they are mighty,
    and many are those who hate me wrongfully.
20 Those who render me evil for good
    accuse me because I follow after good.
21 Do not forsake me, O Lord!
    O my God, be not far from me!
22 Make haste to help me,
    O Lord, my salvation!
Once again, we have the closing stanza of the Psalm, which takes us back to the beginning. David is struggling in every way under the weight of sin: physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. He begins by describing his physical condition and the mockery of his enemies. But what really hurts him the most is the realization of his failure before God; he doesn't what that to be a cause for rejoicing for his enemies. What bothers us most about our sin? The consequences of it, or the glory and heart of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment