Sunday, March 10, 2024

I See a Pattern Here...

 

Psalm 31: In you, O Lord, do I take refuge;
    let me never be put to shame;
    in your righteousness deliver me!
2 Incline your ear to me;
    rescue me speedily!
Be a rock of refuge for me,
    a strong fortress to save me!
3 For you are my rock and my fortress;
    and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me;
4 you take me out of the net they have hidden for me,
    for you are my refuge.
5 Into your hand I commit my spirit;
    you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God
.
Many will recognize in the opening stanza of this psalm those concluding words uttered by Jesus on the cross, expressing His full trust in the Father as He released final control on his concluding breath.  This psalm goes on to alternate back and forth between God's faithfulness in delivering him whenever he would call out to Him, setting him safely on a sold rock.  God did this over and over again: it was a pattern David could trust in.  David then concludes with a call for us to join us in calling out to and trusting in God, and praising Him, trusting Him, and loving Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment