Thursday, October 21, 2021

Renewing Our Strength #21

In Psalm 73, we find Asaph, the psalmist struggling with one of those questions often posed in the psalms, and our own hearts: "Why does it seem like the ungodly, who live life with no thought of Him, live lives of ease and plenty, and no care that someday they will stand before Him, while those of us who do care struggle with the pains and weariness of life.  Finally Asaph goes to the Sanctuary of God to talk with Him, and as they talk, this is what he comes up with:
 23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
    you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever
.
How can I do it? How can I live with these unanswered questions? With you God. Notice Asaph does not say "You are with me." He says: I am continually with you." I choose you, God. You give me security; You give me guidance; You give me a hope and a future.  I choose to put you first.  I am not relying on my own wisdom or strength; I am relying on Your strength and provision to carry me through - not to the end, but to a new beginning with You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment