Sunday, October 17, 2021

Renewing Our Strength #17

Isaiah 41 begins with a call for renewed strength.  After talking about all God's sovereignty over all nations, and their dependence on worthless idols made with hands, God remind them:
8 But you, Israel, my servant,
    Jacob, whom I have chosen,
    the offspring of Abraham, my friend;
9 you whom I took from the ends of the earth,
    and called from its farthest corners,
saying to you, “You are my servant,
    I have chosen you and not cast you off”;
10 fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
.
God reminds His people that they are chosen, called and not cast off. Rather than us making up our God, He has made us. Rather than us making something to call God, He had called us to for a purpose. Rather than being scraps left over from an idol to be burned or disposed of, we are kept by God. Therefore, we do not need to fear the future, even if the world around us seems to be falling apart. And we can be assured of His strength to help us, and His hand to hold us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment