Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Why the Shepherds???

So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:7, 9-10 ESV
If you had to choose the first witnesses of the truthfulness of an event, whom would you choose?  Humanly speaking, the shepherds would not have been considered the most reliable witnesses; they had a reputation for spinning stories around the fire.  But who would understand the Messiah's mission like they would?  Who else would get the idea of seeking the lost sheep, or standing up to the thief of souls?  Who would understand the heart of the Good Shepherd like shepherds?  In like manner, why would God chose me?  What is it about my background, my personality, my experienced that God can use which helps me "get it", so that I can go out and share why He came?  We all have analogies and parallels in life we can draw which we can compare to the joys of eternal life.  Let's use them today, where we are, with whomever God gives us opportunity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment