Saturday, December 29, 2018

The One Who Came and Is to Come

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  (John 14)
Advent. Coming.  That has been our focus for the past few weeks: Christ's Incarnation, His coming to earth to be born, live, and die as we do, then make the way for us to have eternal life with Him forever. His resurrection and ascension back to His home with the Father has presented us with the next step for which we wait: His coming again.  Advent involves anticipation.  As we look back to His first coming, we also look ahead to the second. We have His word on it, just as we did on the first one.  We can trust the word of The Word.  As we wait, may we continue to respond as those who were receptive of His first coming: living joyfully, hopefully, obediently, serving Him and offering our lives to Him as He continues to carry out His wonderful story with the happy ending: forever in God's presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment