Friday, December 28, 2018

Some much needed rest... and help

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11)
We wear ourselves out trying to do it on our own.  This is true not only physically, but also spiritually.  In context, that is what Jesus is talking about: trying to live life successfully and pleasing to God on our own.  So, He invites us to come to Him not only for much needed rest (see yesterday's blog), but also for a lighter load to continue our journey.  Rest in itself will be insufficient if we keep doing the same thing all over again.  It is as we share the yoke of life with Him that doing life becomes doable, bearable, and even refreshing and rewarding. In these next few days, come to Him for rest, refreshment, and a realistic way to live life - physically and spiritually - by the grace God offers in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment