Sunday, December 9, 2018

Getting Attached to God...

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. (John 15:5,8 ESV)
Why did Jesus come?  So many reasons, one of which was that we as His specially-created beings had become so disattached from God.  We were "dead on the vine" in our sins, and not bearing the fruit in our lives God intended us to produce.  We had taken all the creativity which He had put into us and used it for our own goals and evil desires.  When Jesus came, he was like a human neon sign shouting "come back to God; get re-attached; I can get you connected!"  Through Christ we can rediscover who we are and what God had in mind when He made us, and find the meaning in life that makes us go "ahhh... that really satisfies - doing what God wants and bringing glory to Him."  Since Jesus came to offer that, let's take Him up on His offer, trusting Him, and see God bear fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment