Saturday, October 12, 2024

The Difference


 Psalm 119

49 Remember your word to your servant,
    in which you have made me hope.
50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
    that your promise gives me life.

63 I am a companion of all who fear you,
    of those who keep your precepts.
64 The earth, O Lord, is full of your steadfast love;
    teach me your statutes!

65 You have dealt well with your servant,
    O Lord, according to your word.
66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
    for I believe in your commandments.

These quotes from the next three stanzas of this longest psalm connect learning God's Word to a whole new outlook on life.  There is a hope and comfort, a feeling that one is loved, and a sense that life is good, even when those around harass, mock, and mistreat the one who seeks after God. All of these are wrapped up in a life of pursuing God through learning and living by God's precepts, commandments, and promises.  There is a definite different in life when we take the time to be here in God's Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment