Sunday, October 13, 2024

Struggles, Scripture, & Servanthood


 Psalm 119

73 Your hands have made and fashioned me;
    give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.
74 Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice,
    because I have hoped in your word.
75 I know, O Lord, that your rules are righteous,
    and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me
.

86 All your commandments are sure;
    they persecute me with falsehood; help me!
87 They have almost made an end of me on earth,
    but I have not forsaken your precepts.
88 In your steadfast love give me life,
    that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth.

94 I am yours; save me,
    for I have sought your precepts.
95 The wicked lie in wait to destroy me,
    but I consider your testimonies.
96 I have seen a limit to all perfection,
    but your commandment is exceedingly broad.

Once again, these three stanzas of the longest psalm tie together the truth of scripture with daily life.  The psalmist has endured affliction and persecution, yet he has clung to the truth of God's Word. Its truths rise above and dig deeper than all the trials of life and are able to make us stand solid in the storms of life. In addition to this, the psalmist realizes that he has been placed in a position to be a testimony for God, as both fellow believers and opponents are watching for his response to life's problems. He knows God loves Him and he loves God and wants to show it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment