Saturday, September 28, 2024

Steadfast

 

Psalm 116:1  I love the Lord, because he has heard
    my voice and my pleas for mercy.
2 Because he inclined his ear to me,
    therefore I will call on him as long as I live.

Psalm 117:1 Praise the Lord, all nations!
    Extol him, all peoples!
2 For great is his steadfast love toward us,
    and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord!

Once again we have a personal psalm of praise followed by a call to corporate praise.  The first begins with this declaration of love for the Lord because He has heard and answered His call for help. Unlike men who are liars, treacherous, and unfaithful, God is steadfast, gracious, righteous, loving, and merciful. The psalmist knows that God will be with him all through this life and when he passes to the next. Because of this he vows to be faith to God and worship Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment