Saturday, February 3, 2024

Where I Want to Be...

 

Psalm 15:1: O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent?
    Who shall dwell on your holy hill?

Psalm 16:5 The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
    you hold my lot.
6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
7 I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
    in the night also my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the Lord always before me;
    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

In these two successive psalms of David he reveals His greatest desire: the presence of the Lord.  For God's people in that day, His presence was represented by His tabernacle.  The first psalm goes on to describe one who would and could be in God's presence. His life was not marked by perfection, but by a consistent character of a life lived before God.  In the second Psalm above David talks about the impact of the Lord's presence: wise counsel, stability, the fellowship of His people, joy, and the assurance that God is with him and is in control.  There was no place David would rather be than with the Lord.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment