Saturday, February 10, 2024

Built-Up Praise

 

Psalm 18:1 I love you, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies
.
This Psalm of David was written when he finally became king over Israel, having spent years on the run from Saul and the Philistines. He goes on to describe his previous predicament as being strangled, entangled, entrapped, and in great distress. But then God unleashed the power of His creative hand: He came like an earthquake with thunder and lightning, pulling David up and giving him strength for the battle. God also gave him the character he needed to endure such a long struggle, cleansing him and giving him the humility he needed to trust Him.  God became the Solid Rock upon Whom David stood.  Have we allowed Him to do the same for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment