Sunday, February 4, 2024

Two Beautiful Pictures


 Psalm 17: 
6 I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God;
    incline your ear to me; hear my words.
7 Wondrously show your steadfast love,
    O Savior of those who seek refuge
    from their adversaries at your right hand.
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;
    hide me in the shadow of your wings,
9 from the wicked who do me violence,
    my deadly enemies who surround me. 

This is one of many of David's songs for deliverance.  He has been laying on his bed thinking about his situation and his relationship with God.  He cries out to God thinking, knowing that God hears and sees. He expresses his full faith in the character of God, and then makes parallel pleas based thereupon. Since God sees everything, and David knows He loves and wants what is best for him - he is the apple of His eye - then David can remind God of that.  David also knows that God can and will protect him. He has done so countless times before, and David needs to sense that protection so he can rest and sleep peacefully.  The enemy may be close by and surrounding, but God's protection is stronger and closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment