Sunday, February 25, 2024

A Good Way to Start...


 Psalm 25:
1 To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, in you I trust;
    let me not be put to shame;
    let not my enemies exult over me.
3 Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame;
    they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.
4 Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
5 Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long
.

Many of the Psalms of David begin differently, based upon the current situation and topic. Most end with a call to trust God and follow His plan.  This one begins that way. David does go on and call out to God to remember His mercy and not David's sin, to instruct him in His ways and forgive his sins, and to be gracious to him and relieve him of all his afflictions.  But it all begins with trusting God with his soul, his life, and wanting God to align me with His plan, not Him with mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment