Friday, December 23, 2022

Christ Is Coming #27

We pick up where we left off yesterday in I Corinthians 13
8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Faith trusts that God really is in control and receives His Son as what we need.  Hope believes that all He tells us is true and will come true.  Love is what helps us grow up and grow out of our selfishness. When there is no more need for prophesies and promises because they have all come true, and when there is no more doubt because everything will be fully seen, love will still stand, fully visible and complete. It will radiate from the Father and Son and surround us, and we will finally grow up to be God's complete children.  What that should do now is "stretch us forward" to grow up in our love for Him and one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment