Friday, December 9, 2022

Christ is Coming #13

Today we have another one of those passages that we have heard so much that we can tend to ignore it due to familiarity. John 14:
 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also
These words of assurance in the upper room were designed to "build the case" for what Jesus then says at the end of their time in the upper room: 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. Jesus wanted them - and wants us-  to know this peace only He can give.  Why talk about these words at the end of Jesus' ministry? Because they point back to what was said when He began His life on earth: "Peace on earth."  Jesus did not come to bring peace on earth only to take it back with Him when he left; He came to give peace once and for all. We can be at peace not because of His physical presence, but because of His presence within and His promise of our presence with Him when He comes again. If we trust in Him, peace is here to stay, and no one can take it away. Let not our hearts be troubled today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment