Saturday, December 17, 2022

Christ is Coming #21

Psalm 30 
 I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
    and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you have healed me.
3 O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
    you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
4 Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
    and give thanks to his holy name.
5 For his anger is but for a moment,
    and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes with the morning
.
This psalm of David was written for the dedication of the temple, which he himself would never see. It represents well his passion for the presence of God. For many years he had been on the run from Saul and from the Philistines, so that he was not able to go to the Tabernacle, the place of the presence of God, and worship. He missed that desperately; it was like he was stuck in the night, waiting for morning to come, and when it did, he greatly rejoiced.  The coming of Christ is also a time to celebrate the presence of the Lord. At the incarnation, God came to be with us, ending the darkness, and bringing great joy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment