Friday, September 10, 2021

Promises of Peace#10


Psalm 4 is one of those typical Psalms of David, which begins with Him calling out to God:
 Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
    You have given me relief when I was in distress.
    Be gracious to me and hear my praye
r!
By the time we follow David through this psalm (Well worth the read), we are brought to the point where we can embrace his conclusion at the end of the day:
8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
    for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety
.
I know as many of us have been calling out of sickness, we are finding God's daily grace sufficient. May we all be able to say that last verse with David at the end of today: 
In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
    for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety
.

No comments:

Post a Comment