Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Promises of Peace #22

A few days ago we were in this longest of the Psalms, Psalm 119, and we noted it's focus or forming our lives around the Word of God.  In the next to last stanza, the Psalmist says:
165 Great peace have those who love your law,
    and nothing can make them stumble.
166 I wait for your salvation, Lord,
    and I follow your commands.
167 I obey your statutes,
    for I love them greatly.
168 I obey your precepts and your statutes,
    for all my ways are known to you.
We've been talking all month about this peace that only God can give. Here it is qualified as Great peace, the peace that passes understanding, the peace that almost defies description. It comes to those who love what God has to stay. It gives the mental, moral and spiritual stability needed to navigate life. Peace comes to those who wait, follow, obey, and keep on obeying God's instructions.  Why should we so wholeheartedly trust God's Word?    for all my ways are known to you. God knows everything, and He knows me. I can be confident He knows what He's talking about, and I realize He knows what I need to hear.  May we learn to love His Law and find His Great Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment