Saturday, September 14, 2019

One of our Hardest Lessons...

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4
Paul is talking here about having his physical needs met, but in other places he shows us that contentment applies to so much more - our jobs, our homes, our relationships - every part of our lives.  It is not that we never do anything to make them better, but that we have this sense of peace (see the context of the preceeding passages) which says "it is enough, even if it can be better." May we have that sense in every part of our lives today. May we be content. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FexGqNDBK3g


No comments:

Post a Comment