Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Getting it into our heads...

10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4)
Paul has just given one of the most quoted promises in scripture, about changing the way we think by dwelling on the character and blessings of God: his joy and peace. Paul learned joy and contentment in the struggles and trials of life, and wants us to know the same.  I guess God wants me to know it too, because this song, our song of Community this month, keeps ringing in my head this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbmOKFkPPn8

No comments:

Post a Comment