Monday, July 2, 2018

Surrounded by God

Deuteronomy 33:12 Of Benjamin he said,
“The beloved of the Lord dwells in safety.
The High God surrounds him all day long,
    and dwells between his shoulders.”

As Moses was praying for each of the tribes of Israel before his departure, he came to Benjamin, the smallest of tribes.  Jacob's son Benjamin had become his favorite after Joseph had been secretly sold into slavery, and the little tribe was in many ways seen as special throughout history. Though small, Moses notes in his prayer of blessing that Benjamin was safe and secure because He is always surrounded by God, and God "dwells between his shoulders." In other words, God is in His heart and has his back. What a picture to pray. "Lord, I trust you. You surround me. You are within me to keep me from fear. You have my back." As we each pray today, may we find assurance in such a great and awesome God, who cares about little old me, praying in my circle.  And may we as His people have that sense that we are surrounded; God has our back as we give our hearts to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment