Saturday, July 21, 2018

God's Prayer Promise: Fearful

10 
...fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10
To be sure, this particular promise was given to Israel as God's people, when they were headed for exile and a rough road ahead. But there are enough "Fear Not"s in scripture to remind us that God does not want us to live in fear. At times reverential fear can be helpful to move us back toward Him, but living in fear is far from what He has in mind. So this promise does apply to us as His people. We are called to focus not on our circumstances, failures, or problems, but on Him, His strength, His Righteousness, His claiming us as His own.  So, whatever you face today, don't try to face it alone: face your fears with Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment