Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Worship: the (super)natural response...

Genesis 24:22 When the camels had finished drinking, the man took a gold ring weighing a half shekel, and two bracelets for her arms weighing ten gold shekels, 23 and said, “Please tell me whose daughter you are. Is there room in your father's house for us to spend the night?” 24 She said to him, “I am the daughter of Bethuel the son of Milcah, whom she bore to Nahor.” 25 She added, “We have plenty of both straw and fodder, and room to spend the night.” 26 The man bowed his head and worshiped the Lord 27 and said, “Blessed be the Lordthe God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken his steadfast love and his faithfulness toward my master. As for me, the Lord has led me in the way to the house of my master's kinsmen.” 28 Then the young woman ran and told her mother's household about these things.
This servant had been sent on a mission by his master, Abraham.  He had a "needle-in-a-haystack" challenge in front of him - find Isaac a suitable wife. When God brings her to him, the first response of the man is to humbly bow his head and worship God in thanksgiving and praise.  This greatly impacts the young woman as well.  Such is a life lived in worship.  Is it the way we live? 

No comments:

Post a Comment