Monday, September 25, 2017

Worship: It's what to do when you've lost it all!

Job 1:20 Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.
After a long list of disasters that hit job one after another, we find his response: worship.  He was so accustomed to worshiping God in the Good times of life that his circumstances - no matter how dire - did not change his response to God. This is Job's claim to fame that makes him household name; it is this that draws us closer to examine our lives.  Whatever problems or struggles or trials we are facing today, do people see and hear us say: "Blessed be the name of the LORD!"  God is worthy of our thanks and praise no matter what; He is still God. May we listen to ourselves today. Am I worshipping Him no matter what? Or am I complaining and angry and grumpy and focusing on me instead of Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment