Saturday, December 10, 2016

Oh, yes He will!

They say, “A deadly thing is poured out on him;
he will not rise again from where he lies.”
Even my close friend in whom I trusted,
who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me.
But you, O LORD, be gracious to me,
and raise me up, that I may repay them!
(Psalm 41:8-10 ESV)
It looked like all the cards were stacked against Him. Even His close friend had betrayed Him, and He was surrounded by people mocking at Him and challenging Him to beat death. He did not.  They thought Messiah was done.  But He knew He was not. It had been written a thousand years before by the psalmist that He would rise again.  The truth of God's Word, and the character of His Father sustained Him when all else failed.  The same is true of us: we can count on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment