Saturday, December 31, 2016

Encapsled in Who God Is


There is none like you among the gods, O Lord,
nor are there any works like yours.
All the nations you have made shall come
and worship before you, O Lord,
and shall glorify your name.
For you are great and do wondrous things;
you alone are God.
Teach me your way, O LORD,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your steadfast love toward me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
(Psalm 86:8-13 ESV)
Here is a prayer for the year... Simple, memorable, dependable.  It can be done because it is surrounded by our awesome God - incomparable, powerful, and amazingly loving toward us.  Any heart moved to understand this character of God will be moved to a humility that prays this prayer in sincerity and truth. "Teach me to obey, LORD, and to want to obey, because I fully trust in You."

No comments:

Post a Comment