Friday, December 16, 2016

At His RIght Hand

I bless the LORD who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let your holy one see corruption.
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
(Psalm 16:7-11 ESV)
It is this passage that Peter and the other apostles find fulfillment in the resurrection of Christ, the Messiah.  David did not  fulfill this; only Christ has. And only Christ can speak alternatively that He is at the LORD's right hand, yet the LORD is at His right hand: the place of power, privilege & pleasure.  He is the only one by Whom we can have that hope of forevermore, eternal life.  This is where DAvid found his hope and joy, and where we can too: Christ crucified, risen, and coming again.

No comments:

Post a Comment