Sunday, September 25, 2016

True Confessions...

As soon as David had finished speaking these words to Saul, Saul said, “Is this your voice, my son David?” And Saul lifted up his voice and wept. He said to David, “You are more righteous than I, for you have repaid me good, whereas I have repaid you evil. And you have declared this day how you have dealt well with me, in that you did not kill me when the LORD put me into your hands. For if a man finds his enemy, will he let him go away safe? So may the LORD reward you with good for what you have done to me this day. And now, behold, I know that you shall surely be king, and that the kingdom of Israel shall be established in your hand. Swear to me therefore by the LORD that you will not cut off my offspring after me, and that you will not destroy my name out of my father's house.” And David swore this to Saul. Then Saul went home, but David and his men went up to the stronghold.
(1 Samuel 24:16-22 ESV)l
Did you ever start to think that you were not doing the right thing? Even when deep down in your relationship with God He kept telling you that you were? We see David second guessing himself, then humbly opening himself up to review. The result is found here: Saul admits he has done wrong and David has not; David deserves to be king and he does not; David will be king , and he will not. He tells the truth, then asks for mercy - for David to treat his descendants in a way undeserving of the way he has treated David. It is his way of saying: "Will you forgive me?"  David does.  But he realizes the truthfulness of Saul's words does not indicate the trustworthiness of Saul's character, so he goes his own way. What confessions do I (you) need to make today? Things that truth be revealed, I will look bad, and others be justified.  Where I stop claiming myself as a victim, and lift up others as worthy. Where I am willing to ask forgiveness and for mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment