Wednesday, September 28, 2016

An Awakened Heart


My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make melody!
Awake, my glory!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
For your steadfast love is great to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!
(Psalm 57:7-11 ESV)
A great awakening... that's what we need.  One where we are grateful for all the Lord has given to us and done for us.  Where we can sense His love and mercy, and see His faithfulness. We need such an awareness of God that we cannot help but have a song of praise in our heart to start the day.  This is no fluffy thing. David wrote this while hiding scared in a cave, on the run for his very life. There was barely any sunlight, let alone bright glory.  But he could see it. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment