Friday, March 14, 2014

Women: Often God's Divine intervention...

1 Samuel 25:32-34 David said to Abigail, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, who has sent you today to meet me. May you be blessed for your good judgment and for keeping me from bloodshed this day and from avenging myself with my own hands. Otherwise, as surely as the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, who has kept me from harming you, if you had not come quickly to meet me, not one male belonging to Nabal would have been left alive by daybreak.” As godly of a man as David was, waiting for God's timing to make him king, He was not by any means perfect. He was just as likely as the next guy to do something impulsive and stupid. A case in point is his initial response to the rejection by Nabal to his request for food. He wanted to react against such ingratitude and arrogance with a swift sword. (Maybe displaced anger against Saul???) But God moves Nabal's wife to intervene in a very wise way. Her action not only spares many innocent people; it prevents David from doing something stupid. Praise God for my wife often being in tune with God's plan to keep me from stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment