Friday, November 8, 2013

Thanksgiving says... "I need you God."

“If I were hungry, I would not tell you,for the world and its fullness are mine. Do I eat the flesh of bullsor drink the blood of goats? Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble;I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.” Psalm 50:12-15
This psalm is written from God's perspective: He as owner and judge of the world does not need us. He owns everything and has all power an authority.  Therefore, He does not need our sacrifices and offerings to feed Him or make Him right with us.  Thanksgiving is about our attitude toward Him.  If we are going to call to Him in the day of trouble, it would be consistent for us to come to Him on a day to day basis with thanksgiving and praise.  We do not just need Him in the day of trouble; we need him EVERY day.  To call on him only in a crisis says: "God, I don't need you most of the time." The truth is, we need Him all of the time, and should be thankful for his consistent, daily blessings.  Have you given Him thanks today???

No comments:

Post a Comment