Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving ... and yearning... for you...

1 Thessalonians 3:9-10 For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God, as we pray most earnestly night and day that we may see you face to face and supply what is lacking in your faith? 
As often is the case with Paul, thanksgiving and prayer go hand in hand.  When he prays, he prays long enough, and intensely enough, to remember with joy those God has placed in his life, and he is thankful.  Yesterday, on my birthday, I had many well-wishes - on Facebook and through cards.  This made me long to share time with people - some across town, some across the country; some whom I saw just the other day, some for whom it has been years.  For each of you, I am thankful, and praying God's blessing on you this Thanksgiving, and during another year of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment