Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thanksgiving: Do it for others!

Psalm 69:30-33 I will praise the name of God with a song;I will magnify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an oxor a bull with horns and hoofs. When the humble see it they will be glad;you who seek God, let your hearts revive. For the Lord hears the needyand does not despise his own people who are prisoners. 
This is a psalm that begins "Save me, O God," and that in the verse just before these says: "but I am afflicted and in pain."  David is hurting here, big time!  But as He is winding down this prayerful song to God, He says "I will magnify Him with thanksgiving."  And what really lifts him up is the knowledge that his thanksgiving will bring joy and revival to his people.  Our thanksgiving, or lack thereof, is not just about us; it is about God and His people. He is listening and watching, and so are they. What I do and say matters, and it can make a difference in my family, my church, my workplace   and my society.  Let's make a difference. Let's give God the thanks He deserves and lift the hearts of those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment