Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanking God in the tough times...

Psalm 116:15-19 Precious in the sight of the Lordis the death of his saints. O Lord, I am your servant;I am your servant, the son of your maidservant.You have loosed my bonds. I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people, in the courts of the house of the Lord,in your midst, O Jerusalem.Praise the Lord! 
This psalm is a special psalm.  I have preached on it at some special funerals, including those of my parents.  The writer has been involved in some critical, painful, near-death experience, yet he choses to give God thanks. He knows that God is in control, and has demonstrated His grace toward him.  He sees God at work in his life, even and especially in tough times, and gives God thanks. Do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment