Saturday, November 9, 2013

Are we using our mouths for thanksgiving?

Psalm 50: 23: “You give your mouth free rein for evil,
    and your tongue frames deceit.
20 You sit and speak against your brother;
    you slander your own mother's son.
21 These things you have done, and I have been silent;
    you thought that I was one like yourself.
But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you.

22 “Mark this, then, you who forget God,
    lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver!
23 The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
    to one who orders his way rightly
    I will show the salvation of God!”
This last verse is the final one of the Psalm.  It is the bottom line. What we do with our mouths reveals our hearts.  That is what God is looking at. So if out of our mouths come evil and deceit, that is what is inside, and we should expect Him to respond in similar fashion.  If however Thanksgiving is coming out of our mouths, that's because that is what is inside, and that is what He is looking for. Doe He see - and does He HEAR a thankful heart from me? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment