Friday, July 27, 2012

Our part - Get Real

 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’ And he arose and came to his father. (Luke 15:17-20a ESV)
The runaway son came to his senses.  He realized that this is not the way God made him to live.  And he was the problem.  We are the problem - unworthy sinners who have rebelled and hurt the Father.  It takes the humility of soul to admit that and confess it to Him.  It is reality, and failing to get real hinders us from the relationship with Him He created us to have.  Get Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment