Monday, July 30, 2012

Changing the way we do business...

 He also said to the disciples, “There was a rich man who had a manager, and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his possessions. And he called him and said to him, ‘What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’ And the manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me? I am not strong enough to dig, and I am ashamed to beg. I have decided what to do, so that when I am removed from management, people may receive me into their houses.’ (Luke 16:1-4 ESV)
The manager has not been doing his job.  In an illustration we in our society can clearly see - where many of us no longer do manual labor - he is in a spot - too out of shape to do manual labor, and too proud to go on welfare.  But soon he will be on the outside, needing help; he will have nowhere to eat or sleep.  The Pharisees had been poor managers; they soon would be on the outside looking in. What were they doing to do? Were they going to make changes to prepare for their new situation?  Have we gotten too accustomed to "business as usual" in doing God's work?  Have we been good stewards of the gospel with which God has entrusted us?

No comments:

Post a Comment