Monday, July 2, 2012

Finding a good woman, part 1...


 And he said, “O LORD, God of my master Abraham, please grant me success today and show steadfast love to my master Abraham. Behold, I am standing by the spring of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out to draw water. Let the young woman to whom I shall say, ‘Please let down your jar that I may drink,’ and who shall say, ‘Drink, and I will water your camels’—let her be the one whom you have appointed for your servant Isaac. By this I shall know that you have shown steadfast love to my master.”(Genesis 24:12-14 ESV)
We would do well to learn from history how one chooses a husband or wife.  When Abraham was old and concerned for his son, he sponsored a search for a good wife for his son, Isaac.  The diligent servant entrusted with this task first prayed.  He did not pray selfishly, but for the manifestation of love to his master and family.  Most of all, he prayed that he would know the Lord's "appointment", the one He chose.  Such should begin the search for the mate of God's chosing, be it for ourselves, or for one we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment