Friday, October 9, 2026

Words for Evaluation of Both

 

Proverbs 16:
24 Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
    sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
    but its end is the way to death.
26 A worker's appetite works for him;
    his mouth urges him on.
27 A worthless man plots evil,
    and his speech is like a scorching fire.
28 A dishonest man spreads strife,
    and a whisperer separates close friends.
As we look at these proverbs, we cannot help but notice that these clusters of truth help us not only to look on others and determine how to weigh their influence on us, but also to use them for self-evaluation.  Do my words, as well as those I interact with, contribute to peace and encouragement, or to strife and disunity? As I look ahead, where will this path lead? Am I looking for fulfillment by using what God has entrusted to me, or am I always looking for the easy way out? These questions help us evaluate our own speech and actions, and the validity of what others send our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment