Job 3:23 Why is light given to a man whose way is hidden,
whom God has hedged in?
24 For my sighing comes instead of my bread,
and my groanings are poured out like water.
25 For the thing that I fear comes upon me,
and what I dread befalls me.
26 I am not at ease, nor am I quiet;
I have no rest, but trouble comes.”
The account of Job really hits home to most because it describes the human experience. Life is going along the way we hope and plan, then something hits. Or many things hit, one after another. Every possible problem that comes to mind comes to pass. We think the worst and become prophets. We worry. It is not that God has changed in His character or plan, but that we realize we are not the captains of our souls or creators of our destiny. Our minds stop processing reality and our souls cannot keep up with the changes. That leads us to the series of "Whys?" like in this chapter. We need to "get out of our heads." It can be a bumpy path, but the end of the trip is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment