Job 9:25 “My days are swifter than a runner; they flee away; they see no good.
26 They go by like skiffs of reed, like an eagle swooping on the prey.
27 If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will put off my sad face, and be of good cheer,’
28 I become afraid of all my suffering, for I know you will not hold me innocent.
29 I shall be condemned; why then do I labor in vain?
30 If I wash myself with snow and cleanse my hands with lye,
31 yet you will plunge me into a pit, and my own clothes will abhor me.
32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I might answer him, that we should come to trial together. 33 There is no arbiter between us, who might lay his hand on us both.
As Job wrestled with his predicament, he felt helpless. There was no just "putting on a happy face" and get over it. He realized that his complaint was against God and he was "out of His league." He needed an arbiter, someone who would go between and bring things to a resolution. Eventually, Job came to see that God was not against Him, but actually on his side. We all need The Arbiter, Jesus Christ as our Advocate. As God and Man, He can and does bring the resolution we need. Life IS worth it. We can go on. God is not done with us yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment