Saturday, May 25, 2024

Thirst Quenched


 Psalm 62:5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
    for my hope is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God rests my salvation and my glory;
    my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
    pour out your heart before him;
    God is a refuge for us.
Selah

Psalm 63:1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
    my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
    as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
    beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
    my lips will praise you.
4 So I will bless you as long as I live;
    in your name I will lift up my hands.

Once again we have two back-to-back psalms of David about his calling out to God in time of need. The first is written as an address to his people to have confidence that God will answer them in time of need, while the second is addressed to God Himself, expressing his passionate desire for God's presence and his promise to praise Him forever.  David then wraps up with a warning that those who ignore God and turn on His people will not have this benefit.  Both psalms are well worth reading in their entirety.  

No comments:

Post a Comment