Sunday, May 19, 2024

My Refuge


 Psalm 60:1 O God, you have rejected us, broken our defenses;
    you have been angry; oh, restore us.
2 You have made the land to quake; you have torn it open;
    repair its breaches, for it totters.
3 You have made your people see hard things;
    you have given us wine to drink that made us stagger.
4 You have set up a banner for those who fear you,
    that they may flee to it from the bow
. Selah

Psalm 61:Hear my cry, O God,
    listen to my prayer;
2 from the end of the earth I call to you
    when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
    that is higher than I,
3 for you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the enemy.
4 Let me dwell in your tent forever!
    Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings! Selah

In the above psalms of David, we find him still on the run. In the first one he and his armies have just drawn back from intense battle.  The psalm title indicates which battle it was. The course of the battle did turn under the Lord's banner.  In the second Psalm David again found his shelter and stability in God's presence, set on the rock, in His tent, under His wings, some of David's favorite imagery for the protection of God.  Whenever he felt himself drifting away, he always called for God's help to lead him back to Him.  It is never by our own strength that we can even return to Him for the help that we need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment