Sunday, August 18, 2024

When We Walk Away from Worship...


Psalm 99:5 Exalt the Lord our God;
    worship at his footstool!  Holy is he!

Psalm 100:Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
2     Serve the Lord with gladness!
    Come into his presence with singing!
3 Know that the Lord, he is God!
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture
.

Psalm 101:I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
    to you, O Lord, I will make music.
2 I will ponder the way that is blameless.
    Oh when will you come to me?
I will walk with integrity of heart
    within my house;
3 I will not set before my eyes
    anything that is worthless
.

This series of three worship psalms begins with a call to consider the Holiness of the God we serve and worship. He rules and reigns from heaven with awesome power and faithfulness; we should be overwhelmed by Him. As a result, we then should all come before Him with great celebration and praise. Psalm 100 is often used as a corporate call to worship. The final psalm here is then a song of response: How should I then live after being in the presence of Holy God?  We should then seek to live a life of Holiness.  Come to worship the Lord today and plan on going away changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment