Saturday, August 3, 2024

Protected



Psalm 91:14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
    I will protect him, because he knows my name.
15 When he calls to me, I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble;
    I will rescue him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation
.”
The above is the concluding paragraph of the psalm of praise to God for His everlasting protection. Notice the  psalmist is imagining what God is saying as he looks down upon him.  In the preceding paragraphs, the psalmist pictures himself as being under God's protective wings, in the safety of a fortress, shielded from all the arrows coming from an enemy.  Included are a few verses you will recognize, including some twisted by Satan in his tempting of Jesus.  The whole Psalm is worth your read today, recognizing how much God does every day to keep you safe.  Do we pause recognize that?

No comments:

Post a Comment